Saturday, December 10, 2011

12 Days of Christmas - Day 9


Welcome to day 9 of my 12 days of Christmas!!! Today is going to be a little different... I don't have a project to post (well I do, but I'm not going to). I wanted to just let everyone know a little about what's going on with me and what my hope is for Christmas and the New Year!

Wednesday I went into the hospital to be monitored for a few hours. I ended up being in there for 4.5. It was a long time. I am 34 Weeks pregnant and apparently this baby is almost ready to come out. There was a scare and the baby's heart rate decreased a lot and a nurse ran in and told me to turn on my side to be monitored. It helped the baby's heartbeat but scared me. They ended up ordering an Ultrasound and tests to make sure the baby was moving and breathing enough. Sure enough baby had the hiccups while they were monitoring and was moving arms and legs. That was a relief. 

I have a chronic back strain and so far the pregnancy has been good except for the past week. I end up being in so much pain that I can't move. So they wanted to give me some pain meds after everything checked out. I was checked and they told me that the baby's head was really far down for only being 34 Weeks. That scared me a little bit more because we are not ready. I feel like the baby needs to cook a little more! I was released and went home and slept and have felt a little better but not much. 

I went to my Dr the day after and talked to her about the test results and everything else. She told me that they wouldn't put me on bed rest or do anything to stop labor if it happened now. That scares me! I have been told that 37 Weeks is full term not 34. I only get pressure and contractions when I am standing. She told me that if I didn't want to deliver I could put myself on a modified bed-rest  if I wanted to make sure the baby stays in. So I think I have decided to take my Maternity leave from work and focus on keeping this baby in and cooking. If baby can stay in until at least December 27 then we will be golden!! Then I will be 37 Weeks and I will welcome the baby anytime after that! I just want a healthy baby and I would love for it to wait so that we don't have to spend anytime in the NICU. That scares me more than anything. 

So I have been laying low and trying not to do too much. I do get up and go to the store if I need something but there is no more real shopping or being up on my feet right now at this point. I need to keep us both healthy and comfortable. Being at the table crafting hurts sometimes. When I move certain ways or am up there for a long time it takes a toll on me. I am trying to finish up cards and I have also started a few other projects, one being a Christmas Layout for one of my friends baby's. She is having a boy and we don't know what ours is yet so I will make ours when our baby comes and we know. 

Thanks for listening to my rant and I will post Day 10's project in a few hours. It is finished I just need to make sure I have all the right measurements and take a picture of it!! Make sure you come back tomorrow for another great project!!

1 comment:

Pat N. said...

Glad to hear everything is okay. You take it easy on yourself and that baby, and don't worry about crafty world. It will all be here when you get back. Best of luck to you! You could have a Christmas baby!--Pat N.